“SUPER STARTER” ONE WEEK INTRODUCTORY CAMPS
One week camps with the “first-timer” in mind!
These 7-day sessions will give children ages 7-8 for Kinder, and 8-9 for Junior, a chance to experience the wonder of Residential Camp, with an end in sight!
Campers will be fully immersed in camp as the “Super Starters” group. The boys and girls will be separated in their cabins at night, but will spend the day together, eating nutritious meals in the Dining Hall and taking part in all the exciting water and land programs that Otterdale offers.
Your child will have an awesome experience including:
- Learning traditional camp songs
- Participating in a camp fire
- Eating delicious meals and enjoying TUC (candy)
- Dining at an outdoor BBQ
- Playing & learning at over 20 camp activities including swimming lessons and archery, canoeing and climbing, camp skills and evening programs
Under the supervision of our dedicated and enthusiastic Counselling Staff (all Otterdale alumni)
This introduction will give your child a feel for being away from home for a week and give them a taste of independence. Campers will be introduced to our sports and artistic activities and develop some new skills and interests. Getting along with others, sharing, compromising and cooperating are benefits of camp.
Please call us with any questions you may have!
“PATHFINDERS CAMP” FOR 16 YEAR-OLDS
This two-week program, which runs concurrently with session AUG B, has been developed for Otterdale campers who have passed the regular camp age.
16 year-olds interested in their leadership development will benefit from this two-week program.
- Hands-on experience in the development of hard skills such as canoeing, hiking, safety, and camp-site preparation
- Some class-room work in the areas of lesson-planning/teaching/leadership
- Campers will be exposed to more of the leadership skills they participated in as senior campers, ie: planning and executing evening program, running a table at meals with junior campers, co-teaching at sports and arts activities and camper management.
- A big-sister/big brother union will be established between the newest campers in the Super Starter program and the Pathfinders group.
- Overnight trips which include site selection, travel plans and menu preparation
Additionally there will be regular camp involvement at all activities with an emphasis on skills development, achievement of levels and participation in the Otter Lake Swim, the Otter water Cup and other tournaments.
If you have any questions we are more than happy to answer them. This program has been added due to demand.
2013 Day camp for children 6 to 10 years at Camp Otterdale
WHEN: Monday to Friday 12 to 16 August & Monday to Friday 19 to 23 August
TIME: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Lunch and a snack included
This program will be facilitated by Camp Otterdale counselling staff and will be run on-site with Red Cross swimming lessons and a dozen land and water activities.
Lunch will be a fun-filled experience eating with the general camp population in our beautiful Dining Hall, complete with sing-songs.
- Arts and Crafts
- Floor hockey
- Swimming lessons
- Nature Field
- The Farm
- Garden Biking
Or, please contact Sue Brown at Camp Otterdale : Phone 613-284-2700
or by email at email@example.com
Parents will be required to drop off and pick up their children at Camp Otterdale.